Sunday, August 1, 2010

Avery is one!

Holy cow! Meow! Avery turned ONE on June 25th! And I am just now, like JUST now, writing about this. So it goes, the way I am a mom is that mostly I am waaaaaaay late! But the thought is always there. I promise. It's there, lurking in my brain, hitting my brain matter and shouting, "GET IT TOGETHER, WOMAN! IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO BE AN ORGANIZED MAMA!!!" I tell it to shut the hell up because, obvy, it has no idea what it is to be a mama. And a new one at that.

Anyway, moving on to something that really matters, which is that Avery, my sweet babe, turned Oh-to-the-En-to-the-Ee! And he makes a damn good one year old, if I do say so myself.



Ha! Lucky boy is he: he celebrated his birthday twice. Once on the actual day, and again on July 11.

June 25th
So the day he turned one (June 25th) we got to spend time with Aunt Pamela, and cousins Aidan and Emma. We went on a walk, ate at a yummy restaurant called Mona's, and then ATE A CUPCAKE, for the very first time! It was carrot and yumma! And made with love by aforementioned people. Then, that evening, we got to see Ian Cooke perform at the Denver Art Museum, and if you know me, you know how much I loove him! He's yumma, too! Plus, Scott bought me some earrings that Avery picked out. Oh-so-sweet. Oh yeah, and we rode our bikes with Avery for the first time! What a day of de-virginizing! I will post pictures of all of this debauchery in the near future. (Or maybe I will lay around at night just thinking about it.)

July 11th (Words inspired by Yo! Yes! by Chris Raaschka

Wha?



Sure...



No! Wait, wha?



Yes?



Yes!



Yes! Yes!

Happy birthday, little one. It is an absolute pleasure to watch you grow up. May you always get messy while eating your cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment