Sunday, August 1, 2010

Night Owl?

For some reason, I have trouble sleeping. I don't know if it's because:

a. Avery is still sleeping with us.
b. I have a lot on my mind (should I go back to school? Work? When will I write thank you cards from Avery's first birthday OVER a month ago? Is my brother enjoying Alaska? Why am I always so tired???? And on and on.)
c. It's hot. As hell. Up in here.
d. Other______________________________
e. All of the above.

Whatever the hell it is, it's keeping me up. So up that maybe I should just get up. Avery and Scott sleep soundly. I don't even really have the excuse that Avery's nursing at night, because he's really not doing that so much anymore. Also, somehow I lucked out with my husband, because as soon as he starts snoring, he wakes himself up. Then he changes positions and falls back asleep, no more snoring. So I can't blame it on that. Also, our dog Myra no longer sleeps with us (last month I freaked out and decided that the reason I couldn't sleep was because of Myra. Because she takes up so much space. And, she's a heater. A little oven underneath the covers, heatin' up our feet and making us sweat. BUT! She now sleeps beside the bed, and I still can't sleep. (Plus, she was getting nippy with Avery, and we thought it would be a good idea to change the order of things, at least what she thinks is the order of things...)

So for now, I will just write. Perhaps I have some things brewing inside of me that could get worked out if I just write.

And also for now, here is a picture of my sleeping boys.



Sleep, you keepers of my heart.

1 comment:

  1. J - I can't sleep either. Ever. Never ever. When I'm up, alone in the night, I'll think of you my friend!

    ReplyDelete